Supercell: an expanded version of Clouds
Clouds, the granular synthesis module from Mutable Instruments, was discontinued in 2017. Supercell brings back Clouds in a more accessible 34 hp form factor, offering expanded modulation options and a few additional features:
- Each of the Blend parameters have been separated into individual controls with their own CV inputs and inverting attenuators.
- A stereo output gain control has been added, providing an additional +6 dB of gain to compensate for low output levels when using certain parameter combinations.
- The inputs and outputs now include stereo VCAs and separate VU meters. The knobs act as offset controls when their respective VCA inputs are patched.
- The complex process of changing the quality settings and managing presets has been simplified with dedicated switches and status LEDs.
- A manual Trig switch (for capturing individual grains) has been added.
- The 1V/Oct input has an attenuator to facilitate microtonal applications.
All other features of the original Clouds remain intact, including access to the alternate modes. Thanks to Olivier Gillett for making the original Clouds hardware and firmware available under an open-source license (CC-BY-SA 3.0). Third-party firmware such as Parasites (by Matthias Puech) and Beat Repeat (by Julius Kammerl) will also be supported in future firmware updates.
Preorder now for $100 to get on the waiting list. You will receive a Paypal invoice for the remainder when your module is ready to ship. Preorders are 100% refundable if you change your mind or decide that the final price (TBD) is outside of your budget.